How do I add categories to my product?
Help customers find your product with categories and filters.
We have new categories and filters on AppSumo to help your product get more traffic!
First things first, if you're more of a visual learner, check out the nifty video below that helps walk you through the ins and outs of how to optimize your product's usage of our site's new organizational scheme!
Important: You need to go into your Partner Portal and edit your listing so that your product will show up on our new browse page.
- Go to the Listings tab in your Partner Portal.
Select the listing you want to edit (click or tap the box around the entire listing).
- Select Edit listing.
- On the Basics tab, select your product type under “What are you listing?”
On the Categories tab.
a. Step 1: Pick a category.
b. Step 2: Tag your product in that category.
c. Pro tip: if you can’t find the right tag, try changing the category, then looking at the tag options within that category.
6. Fill out the rest of the fields on the Categories tab (some are optional, but we encourage you to add all the information you can to help buyers find your product).
7. Go through the flow and hit Submit. Our team will review your listing and reach out with any questions.
8. Repeat for any other products you have.