Updating your offer
You've launched and are ready to update your listing - woohoo! 🥳
If you want to submit a request to update your offer (whether that be your features, price, or both) - here's the important ground-rules to know:
Who qualifies? Is my product's offer eligible to be updated?
How long have you been on AppSumo and how recently did you update your offer last?
- You can only request an update to your offer after thirty (30) days on our store (unless it's only a request to add/increase Deal Features).
- After an update to your offer, you may only request another update every thirty (30) days thereafter (unless it's only a request to add/increase Deal Features).
- Updates to your offer are subject to AppSumo's approval per our Partner Listing & Updates Policy and are not guaranteed to take effect. This can take up to 1 business week for our team to review and potential update the listing or reach back out to you for more clarity or denial.
Are you increasing price or downgrading features? We may not be able to proceed with these requests for products that are struggling to sell.
- We won't approve price increase or deal downgrade requests for partners who are struggling to generate sales.
- If your listing is tracking at less than one (1) sale/day for the preceding thirty (30) day period, we'll be unable to increase your price or decrease your features.
- If you are decreasing your feature limits please expect to speak to a member of our business development team to see if this is still applicable to be listed on the site. We want to ensure the users are still receiving their deal.
Are you improving the offer and upgrading feature limits? Be sure to look after past purchasers.
- If you're increasing your feature limits or upgrading your deal to a lifetime offer from annual, please note that all previous AppSumo customers must be grandfathered into your new offer per our Partner Terms and Partner Listing & Updates Policy. Failure to do so will prevent us from updating your listing.
What else should I know - where do I start?
Here's how to begin the process of requesting an update to your offer!
- Submit the Deal Update Request Form first! From there, we can coordinate with you on your request 💪.
- Certain offer update requests might require you to submit a brand new listing application through our Partner Portal. These reasons include:
- Deal Feature Downgrades
- A change in Deal Term (Annual → LTD)
- A substantial overhaul to your product offering
- We limit the number of Deal Features on product pages on our site to 20 - keep this in mind as you complete the Deal Update Request Form.
Feel free to reach out to our Partner Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about the process required to update your offer or the criteria by which we assess these requests.